NRA Defensive Pistol Course for Friends of PGC members.
• Objectives: To develop the knowledge, skills and attitude to carry and use a Concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence. This course focuses on technique and the development of a defensive mindset. It is NRA's response to developing skills in people of good repute that seek training to obtain their concealed firearms permits or practice their skills and are willing to take the next step beyond the basics. The goal of the course is to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence. This course includes specific instruction on drawing a handgun from a concealed holster. While not a prerequisite for the club’s South Carolina Concealed Weapon Permit course, it is highly recommended that students take this course prior to the CWP course.
• Prerequisite: This course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law, and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm). Prospective participants can demonstrate that they have the requisite knowledge, skills, and attitudes by producing an NRA Basic Pistol Course certificate, Concealed Weapon Permit, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, or military DD 214, or a recommendation from a PGC Pistol Competition Match Director.
Prerequisite: Written (email) approval from the course instructor is required before purchasing this course. Contact Mike Quigley by email at; email@example.com.
• Equipment Needed: 1. Quality Pistol appropriate for concealed carry; recommend minimum of 9mm or .38 Special 2. Quality Strong Side Hip Holster; recommend form fitted leather or Kydex, the holster must cover trigger/trigger guard 3. Quality belt designed to carry a holster and a firearm. 4. 200 rounds of factory ammunition 5. Spare magazines or speed loaders with appropriate pouches. Students should have at least two spares. 6. Clothing appropriate for concealed carry & the weather 7. Eye & ear protection.
This course does not meet the requirements to obtain a South Carolina CWP.
Class Length: One Day
• Age: Minimum 18 • Maximum Class Size: 8 • Minimum Class Size: 4
• Certificate: NRA Course Completion Certificate
• Textbooks: Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet.
Terms and Conditions:
The purchase of PGC Training Courses requires prior written approval from the course instructor. Class seating is limited and prerequisites or pre-qualifications may apply. Please refer to the course description or the PGC website for contact information. Course fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.